dog training near me by Unique Training Course Dogs are a man’s best friend – but they’re also food-grabbing, treat-hoarding, mess-making animals.
We love them anyway, yet it’s so much easier and more pleasant when the dog is house trained, can do tricks and will respond to simple demands such as “leave it,” “stay,” and “heel.”
Turns out, it’s not the dog’s fault if his behavior is not up to par: it’s ours.
A 2018 study found that a dog’s behavioral problems are a major source of premature death and other issues for the animal – and there’s a positive link between the owner’s use of aversive or forced training and the severity of their dog’s problems.
The study also found that human contributions to the dog-human relationship have a huge impact on the dog’s behavior and the welfare of the dog, as well as on the health of the dog and the owner.
Translation: if your dog is misbehaving, it’s likely due to a lack of training. And if this is the case, you, as the owner, will suffer. So will your dog.
No one wants that to happen, and many people aren’t prepared to spend the time or the money to train a dog. I certainly wasn’t at the start.
There’s a simple solution – train your dog.
I became determined not to be one of those people who ignored her dog’s bad habits, and finally, 5 years after snagging the best.dog.ever (except for a few issues), I decided to teach my old dog a few new tricks.
As I wanted to train from home, an online dog training method in my case was perfect, and I chose to go with Brain Training for Dogs.
Here is a summary of what it’s all about, and my overall ratings of the course (for those who want to skip ahead):
- Brain Training for Dogs Rating Summary
- What is Brain Training for Dogs?
- What do the Brain Training for Dogs Reviews Say?
- My Experience with Brain Training for Dogs
- Does Brain Training for Dogs Work?
Brain Training for Dogs Rating Summary
5 out of 5 stars
The course takes you from the very beginning of training to advanced training games so it’s comprehensive. Each chapter is divided into bitesize sections with step by step guides.
3 out of 5 stars
There is a troubleshooting section included with every activity throughout the course. This could be more thorough or cover more scenarios for what to do when a dog doesn’t listen. In most cases when you persist and are consistent with the activity, your dog should learn the task.
4.1 out of 5 stars average rating for the eBook.
This was from 47 reviews across 3 independent websites. A number of dog owners found it helpful and easy to follow.
|Value for Money||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
5 out of 5 stars
It has a lot of content in the 2 pdf eBooks as well as video demonstrations and over 100 bonus articles. So at $47 it’s great value for money, especially when you consider that a private dog trainer could cost $500-$1500 per week.
|My Overall Rating||⭐⭐⭐⭐
4 out of 5 stars
I liked the content of the course and how easy it was to follow as it was broken down into steps.
|Money Back Guarantee||60 day money back guarantee|
|Special Offers||The online course now costs $31 reduced from $97: Brain Training for Dogs Course|
Why is Brain Training for Dogs so Popular?
Although the book has been around for a while, the course is relatively new. Even so it has become popular with dog owners around the world for a number of reasons.
- Gentle Techniques Used. This course relies upon positive reinforcement rather than ‘dominance techniques’ or training based on force.
- Mentally Stimulates Dogs. It not only trains dogs but helps to engage them mentally. This prevents things like boredom in dogs which can lead to bad behavior over time.
- It’s Taught by Certified Dog Trainer. Adrienne Farricelli is a CPDT-KA certified dog trainer with 10 years’ experience. Other courses sold are led by trainers without certification.
- Owners can Enjoy the Games with their Dogs. After the basics of training have been mastered, a lot of the course centres around games that you can play with your dog. This not only helps to stimulate their minds, but it also means you can enjoy some activities together too.
What Is Brain Training for Dogs?
Brain Training for Dogs is an online course which teaches you how train your dog yourself from your own home. It includes two eBooks, 21 short activities shown as videos and a collection of over 100 articles written by the course instructor, Adrienne Farricelli.
The idea is that you work through the course in the main eBook little by little, completing each stage with your dog.
After your dog has mastered the basics, you can choose which activities to continue on with. You can either continue through the book to learn more advanced dog training ‘games’.
Alternatively if you have specific concerns about your dog’s behavior, such as jumping up or whining, then you can turn to the second eBook ‘Behavior Training for Dogs’. This has detailed training techniques for each of these behavioral habits.
There are accompanying videos as a bonus which give you short, sharp tests to be completing with your dog, as well as other resources.
In summary the course contains:
- Brain Training for Dogs pdf (380 pages) . This serves as your main guide for how to train your dog.
- Behavior Training for Dogs pdf (90 pages). This goes through all the different types of common behavior problems in detail. For example one chapter is whining. It then separates this into different types of whining so that you can find the most similar to your own dog’s behavior. For each type, you get training strategies to help stop the behavior.
- Short ‘Exam’ Videos. At the end of each activity you can test your dog on the skills they have learned. To do this, Adrienne has provided 21 short videos (1 minute or so) of each exercise for you to follow along with. You also have a chart so that you can grade your dog out of 3 tries.
- Further Resources. You also get over 100 full articles from Adrienne’s archive as well as Glossary Printouts and other resources for your training.
Here’s a video of some of the more advanced training exercises, followed by an in-depth look at each component of the course:
Brain Training for Dogs pdf: What’s Inside?
The Brain Training for Dogs pdf is the core content of the course and is the main resource you follow along with.
Although it is long (380 pages), each stage of training is divided into short sections so that you can do them one level at a time.
These sections have activities which are structured with bullet points, lists and photographs so that they are easy to understand and do at home.
For each activity you’re given:
Objective: what the goal of the activity is.
What you will need: the items that you will need (most are everyday objects).
Method: a paragraph about the method.
Einstein’s Tip: quick tips about the particular exercise.
Step by Step Instructions: clear instructions with photos.
Troubleshooting Problems: what to do if your dog isn’t responding.
Extending the Challenge: how you can continue the activity on. .
Once you’ve looked through the exercise you should quickly have an understanding of how to complete it, even with no dog training experience.
homemade dog food and vitamins supplements